Sunday 29 December 2013

Real Techniques Stippling Brush VS Expert Face Brush


So today, I'm going to do a post on the Real Techniques Stippling and Expert Face Brush, which are well raved about brushes here on blogger and youtube! 
These are both amazing brushes, and here are my opinions on both!

Stippling Brush

I bought this brush before the expert face brush in boots for 15.99 euros
It is a duo-fibred brush, and the brush bristles itself are very soft on the face! It is a flat topped brush.
This is supposed to give an airbrush look to your face, and I apply this in a 'stippling' and circular motion.

Expert  Face Brush


For Christmas I finally got this brush, which I've been meaning to buy for ages! Santa knew me too well..
This cost 13.99 euros, which is that bit cheaper than the stippling brush
The head to this brush is more round, and again is duo-fibred !
I apply my foundation with this brush in a patted way all over the skin, rather than circular.

Differences
  • Price
The stippling brush is 2 euros dearer than the face brush

  • Finish
I honestly think that the face brush gives a way more airbrush look for foundation, rather than the stippling!
I think the Stippling is a small bit streaky on the skin, and you have to blend the foundation in more.
I'm using the stippling brush more now for cream blush or bronzer!

  • Coverage
I need to put more product on for the expert face brush as I think it slightly eats up the product, which is a pain really, but leaves a better result
Whereas for the stippling, it gives very good coverage even for the smallest amount of foundation.

  • Colour
An obvious one , not that it affects the quality of the brush but, the expert face brush has a gold handle , and the stippling has a pink handle!

Here is a picture of me, wearing the Rimmel 25 hour foundation, applied by on the right ,by the stippling brush and on the left by the expert face brush!
I think the left is definitely more airbrushed looking rather than the right!


All in all , I think for me, the expert face brush wins! Its so easy to apply foundation and leaves a gorgeous finish to the skin, and plus its cheaper haha! 
But the stippling brush is equally a good brush for foundation too but it doesn't leave as good a finish. I think the stippling brush is more suited for cream blush and bronzer!

Hope this post was helpful in some way!
Thanks for reading  :)






9 comments:

  1. Thanks for the review you've helped me decide which brush to buy. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. No problem! Glad it helped! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have both as well and the expert face brush wins hands down for me. It's a much more flawless finish

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I made my decision about which to buy haha xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thats good, did you end up with the expert brush ? ;) xx

      Delete
  5. So today, I'm going to do a post on the Real Techniques Stippling and Expert Face Brush, which are well raved about brushes here on blogger ... expertfacebrush.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
  6. Did you stipple withe stippling brush, or did you just smear things around with it? I find stippling brushes only leave streaks when you move them around like traditional makeup brushes--smearing or buffing. They really excel and provide a flawless finish when you stipple with them--even the cheap ones!

    ReplyDelete