Friday 10 May 2013

Non Slip DIY Clothes Hanger



So recently, I've been getting so annoyed with my clothes falling off hangers, I tried buying the fabric hangers but they're fairly expensive. I was messing around with old t-shirts and thought of using scraps from the t-shirt and wrap around a basic metal hanger and low and behold it worked! So this is what I'm gonna show ye today!


1.An Old T-Shirt
2.A clothes hanger
3.Fabric Scissors or a good quality one
4.Sellotape
Step 1.
  • Cut half an inch long strips of the t-shirt
  • Make sure they're long to cover a decent amount of the hanger
  • Cut as many strips as you want
  • Don't make them too thin

Step 2

  • Wrap the strips around the hanger



  • This is what half of it look like after wrapping continuously
  • To secure the end, wrap it with a small bit of sellotape!
Step 4
  • Its basically a repeat of step 3 until you get to the end of the hanger and again secure stray ends with sellotape
  • Your end piece should look like this :)

  • I'm so happy I found out this cheap and easy way of not having your clothes slip off the hangers all the time! 

    Hope you enjoyed :D








No comments:

Post a Comment